KMPlayerㅣForum
Korean Download Skins Testimonials User Map RSS
Feature requests and suggestions to improve kmp.
Page 1 of 2: 1 2 >
View First Unread   Thread Tools Linear ModeHybrid ModeThreaded Mode

#1 | Link | Some requests (features), Posted 09-17-2006
First of all, my compliments for this awsome piece of software. I'm a developer myself, and I'm stunned with its options. As a former user of BSplayer I have a couple of requests though, features that could easily be included in KMP as well, and that worked really well in my opinion:

- The F key for Fullscreen viewing option/switching to and from Fullscreen.

- The mouse scroll-button changing the size of the screen. This was a very handy option I really liked for BSplayer.

- The rounded screen-corners. Can I switch those off and change them to plain square, showing every pixel of the movie I'm looking at?

- Escape key optionally just un-docks it from Fullscreen, instead of entirely moving it out of screen. I understand how Esc is handy this way, but maybe you can set this as an optional choice, I think it's kinda harsh.

- My KMP menus-language is Dutch (maybe because I live there), but I'd much rather have it in my Windows menu-language, which is US-English.
- Also, I see many invisible (possibly Korean character left-over) entries in my KMP menus. This looks a bit scary for new users. I'd try and get that out a.s.a.p. I'd like to help myself, but I don't have anything Delphi installed here. I'll definitely look into helping out though.

- "Audio-plugin on" is overloading my audiocard, so I switched it off. I have an echoaudio Gina24, not very common I guess, but nonetheless, it sounds broken with the audioplugin on.

OK, that's all I could think of what would make this the best mediaplayer around. I see a great future for KMPlayer, as long as it will not suffer from money-driven people, like with so many other players, who are losing user-base very fast now because of that.
I'm gonna tell everybody about KMP, that new WMP11 skin makes it an amazing product!

Thanks for having developed it thus far!
Last edited by Meow : 09-17-2006 at 11:09 PM.
- Panthera tigris -

#2 | Link | Posted 09-17-2006
Hello,

You can change keys(F, ESC) to use as well as mouse control.
As for the 3rd request, it's a skin problem.

If you are trying a beta version, read the announced page carefully.

Thanks,
z
Do to others as you would be done by. Luke 6:31
READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING !!!
- Panthera tigris -

#3 | Link | Posted 09-17-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
- "Audio-plugin on" is overloading my audiocard, so I switched it off. I have an echoaudio Gina24, not very common I guess, but nonethe less, it sounds broken with the audioplugin on.
How can I reproduce the problem?

#4 | Link | Posted 09-17-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by z View Post
How can I reproduce the problem?
Playing a DVD. Audio was just too loud, so it started to clip/distort from a certain level onwards. This is before output, so it's pre soundcard DSP if you know what I mean..

In this case I tried the Da Vinci Code rental dvd, I would have to check which codecs were used.

I can find out some more about this issue by changing audio settings, I'll see if I can find what causes it.
I had the distortion from default settings, so that's why I mention it.
- Panthera tigris -

#5 | Link | Posted 09-17-2006
Post Ctrl+Tab info here, and I'll look into it.

#6 | Link | Posted 09-21-2006
Hello, hello! Like so many others, I have to show how amazed I am about the player. Thank you you for conceirning about the people that don't have to much money. I have the KMPlayer 2.9.2.1100, with the german translation and the WMP11 skin. To me, it's the best player, I have tested so far. - I am into video-editing so I was very tired of using to many players for various codec or media. Thank you! Thank you!
Okay, I don't want to make this story too long. It's a very, very good piece of software in my eyes. Maybe, a simple crossfade could be implemented. I would be thankfull for the rest of my/the XP life.
- Panthera tigris -

#7 | Link | Posted 09-21-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernizer View Post
Maybe, a simple crossfade could be implemented.
It's already there.

#8 | Link | Posted 04-03-2007
Options
Preferences
Audio Processing
Audio Renderer
Internal (Checked)
Config
Fade on start = 10000, Fade on play = 0

#9 | Link | logo on the video, Posted 09-05-2007
Sir,

Ur player is unmatachable by any other dvd players or for that matter any format player and i would like to suggest u to kindly add the feature of logo on the video feature and wmv encoder profile choices for video saving as well as x264 profiles video saving feature. And little bit speed up the dvd decoding as well.

Thanking you.

truly,

addu

#10 | Link | Posted 11-12-2007
Hello, yes first action is to thank you very very much!
I'm trying this gem and i felt in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
- The mouse scroll-button changing the size of the screen. This was a very handy option I really liked for BSplayer.
As a former bsplayeruser: This is what's missing
Description: In bsplayer you could resize the window with a combination of 'firstbutton-mouseclick'+'wheel'. So you dont have to press an aditionell key or lose the wheel for loudness(if redifined in option)

I coudnt find a combination for that in the '/option/pref/general/keyboardmouse definition/'

It would be a nice-to-have feature, if 'first- and second mousebutton' could be choosed and combined with the mouseweel.

Thank you