KMPlayerㅣForum
Korean Download Skins Testimonials User Map RSS
Post problems you have when using kmp.
Page 1 of 25: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 > Last »
View First Unread   Thread Tools Linear ModeHybrid ModeThreaded Mode

#1 | Link | Starting KMPlayer at Specific Zoom, Posted 06-28-2008 Quote
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how (if possible) to start KMPlayer at the last zoom level? For example, if I play a video and change the zoom to 150%, and then close KMPlayer, when I open another video file, KMPlayer defaults to 100% - I'd like it to realise that I was at 150% the last time and start up at the same percentage.

Thanks,

CM
Expert Member

#2 | Link | Posted 06-28-2008 Quote
F2 - general - playback - When starting playback, open to one and a half size.

Is this what you want to do?

ps. I don't think KMP remember the last zoom level automatically.

#3 | Link | Posted 06-29-2008 Quote
Hi,

Not quite - I was using 150% only as an example, depending on the size of the last played video, the zoom level may be set to 200% sometimes, then I will play a video a little bigger and I drop the zoom to 150%. I assume that setting the zoom level in there always sets it to 150%. This is the one thing stopping me swapping over to KMPlayer from Zoom Player - I think having the video player open at the last zoom level is a pretty basic feature in a media player nowadays.

(Note to KMPlayer developer: there seems to be window size settings in nearly every section in the KMPlayer options. Please, please, please consolidate all these options into the one section, so that when you are looking for window size options, you only have to look in one place)

CM
German moderator

#4 | Link | Posted 06-29-2008 Quote
To get close to what you want

Preferences (F2) > General > Playback > When Starting playback
- current window size
or
- specified size

and under
Preferences > General > When Starting (KMP) > "Restore window to it's last size"

and under
Preferences > General > "Default size on closing file" (Disable) [Very first site / 4th option counted from bottom]
Please read this before you post and use the Forums Search. Read other sticky threads, too. Thank you.
--
Impurities make things work and sometimes unique.

#5 | Link | Posted 06-30-2008 Quote
Oh man, that is sooooooo close to what I was after. One little problem - the video window does not adjust to the size of the video (or do I mean the other way around?). Example: I play a MKV file of 1920x1080 in KMPlayer. Window is at 100%, which means it covers most of my screen. I then close KMPlayer and open a AVI of 320x240. The AVI is massively stretched to fill the window size from the MKV file. Also works the other way around - if I open the AVI first, the MKV file will be scaled down (not in the correct aspect either I don't think) to fit the smaller window.

CM

#6 | Link | Posted 06-30-2008 Quote
Hi,

I'm not sure to understand what you want but have you tried to play with the Aspect Ratio?

Thanks
Attached Images

German moderator

#7 | Link | Posted 07-01-2008 Quote
Peuj, That must be what romulous wants. I would have posted the same.
Please read this before you post and use the Forums Search. Read other sticky threads, too. Thank you.
--
Impurities make things work and sometimes unique.

#8 | Link | Posted 07-01-2008 Quote
We'll see

#9 | Link | Posted 07-01-2008 Quote
Hi,

I ticked the box in that options dialog, and the scaled down 1080p video does look better in that 320x240 window. It's still not quite what I was after though - KMPlayer might not be able to do what I am trying to do. After a bit of thinking, I've managed to come up with an example that explains things pretty well I think, perhaps someone may be able to use it to confirm or deny the possibility of what I am attempting.

We have two video players: Zoom Player, KMPlayer. We have two test videos: a 1080p 1920x1080 something video, and a smaller 640x480 video. First, using Zoom Player, we open the 1080p video. At 100% zoom, the video window basically fills all (and more) of my 1680x1050 resolution. I then close Zoom Player, and open the 640x480 video. Now, Zoom Player stays at 100% zoom (which was the last zoom setting I had used - which is what I want KMPlayer to do), but it scales the video window down to fit the 640x480 window (which is currently what I can't get KMPlayer to do). If I then close this video and open Zoom Player and not play a video, the window size is the size it was when I closed the last video - this is also what I want to achieve with KMPlayer. Three things: keep the same zoom level as before, keep the same window size as before, but still scale the window to fit the video - i.e. make the size and zoom relative to the video being played, not a static 'never changes' thing.

Now, using KMPlayer. I open the 1080p video, set the window to 100% zoom and the window fills most of my screen (no idea why the window is smaller than the Zoom Player window - the Zoom Player window has some bits off screen the video is so big, KMPlayer has all its bits on screen so it looks to have scaled down the window slightly - anyway, I'm not interested in that issue at the moment). No problems here then I can say. I then close that video and open the 640x480 video. The KMPlayer window stays at the same size it was when I closed the 1080p video, and it has simply scaled the 640x480 video up a little - the video fits the KMPlayer window vertically, but only half fills it width wise. It should scale down to fit the 640x480 video. On the plus side I think, if I then close KMPlayer and open it again but don't play a video, the window stays the same size as it was when I played the last video (which is sort of like what Zoom Player does I think).

Anyway, that's about as clear as I can explain things. I hope someone can tell me definitively if what I want to do is possible in KMPlayer.

Thanks,

CM