KMPlayerㅣForum
Korean Download Skins Testimonials User Map RSS
Search here before questions and do not post it here!
View First Unread   Thread Tools Linear ModeHybrid ModeThreaded Mode

#1 | Link | WMV Audio Switching, Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
Hi,
I am having an issue with a WMV file when attempting to switch audio streams. I have tried everything I can think of and cannot find a way to get the second audio stream to play in KMPlayer. I have exhausted this forum and only found one thread regarding audio switching, which isn't very clear in my opinion. The only options available to me in the stream switcher dialog on the audio menu are both, left, and right. I have tried changing audio switchers and codecs but cannot figure this one out. Maybe I am simply misunderstanding the way that this works, but I cannot get it working. I can post a sample of one of the files if someone wants that to try it themselves, but otherwise if someone already knows the solution I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you very much!

Austin Beam
German moderator

#2 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
I cant find an wmv file on my system to test it... but I think I don't need to test it. (no time for searching)

Load external audio files.
Right click select filters "KMP Stream Switcher"
there you should be able to select the second (additional) stream

This is an issue or a bug with some file types.

Normally it should work via "stream selection". (But it does not)
Please read this before you post and use the Forums Search. Read other sticky threads, too. Thank you.
--
Impurities make things work and sometimes unique.

#3 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
Thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate your help! Unfortunately, the audio files are not external. I tried selecting the video file itself, but that just gives me the same track twice, and if I switch streams it pauses until I go back to the original stream. I'm not really sure if that makes sense, but I don't know how else to explain it really. Any other ideas maybe?
German moderator

#4 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
I don't have any file with two internal audio streams (or more) (I have DVD's)

Try to press Ctrl+X (switch to next audio-stream) I don't know if this will work 'cause you can only select (left both right)

EDIT: I was wrong I have some OGM. files with two internal audio streams.. I tested it....both functions work, but maybe not for wmv

Does this work with other players?
Please read this before you post and use the Forums Search. Read other sticky threads, too. Thank you.
--
Impurities make things work and sometimes unique.

#5 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
Yeah I have tested it successfully with VLC and just here in the past few minutes with SMPlayer. It works on both, but in VLC the audio doesn't play after seeking. It works rather well in SMPlayer though, even though the player isn't really all that great. I really appreciate your help, but I guess I will just use SMPlayer for these. Really this is a pretty limited circumstance for me as I usually watch AVIs or MKVs, but these were the only versions I could find of the TV show I am watching, so I guess I have to deal with it. Thanks again for your help!
German moderator

#6 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
Is it just a single file?

BTW: I dislike wmv. For a couple of reasons. ( I normally use AVIs and MKVs too)

I like to have helped you or at least tried it. It was for nothing. Maybe someone else has a solution for you.

#7 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
Well no I actually have about twenty of them (it is an entire season).

I also dislike WMV very much, and would never recommend it or choose it.

Well I would upload a sample, but I'm not even sure how to cut a multi-track WMV because nothing I use for editing recognizes the english track at all.
German moderator

#8 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
I was just asking. Well I don't need an sample (or simply don't want one )

You can recode the files to an file type you like, but this requires much time (and maybe work) This is not the best solution.

EDIT: It's your decision to use KMP or not.... and if it is just for this special case.... no, I'll say nothing... it's your decision.

#9 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
Yeah I considered that and that's what I wanted to avoid.

KMPlayer is my favorite player and I just hated for it to have a handicap in my eyes, but no software is ever perfect, and since this isn't an issue with something I really use a lot I guess I will let it go. Thanks again for your help though!
Expert Member

#10 | Link | Posted 06-26-2008 Quote
F2 - source filter - windows media - select KMP asf reader.

http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showp...82&postcount=9